There have been unprecedented changes in our work environment with rapid globalization. Outsourcing for workers all over the world has been made easy and efficient. A whole lot of hindrances caused by bureaucracy has been crushed by globalization
There are a lot of beauties and challenges faced in our work environments with various nationalities and cultures. This is usually rewarding and challenging for those who get to encounter everyone in such a work environment. Examples are HR managers, healthcare professionals, cooks, managers, Executives, etc.
SOME CHALLENGES I HAVE FACED AS A MEDICAL DOCTOR.
1. It is usually a challenge attending to those who speak fast at the beginning, but you get used to it over time. This is a challenge for those whose first language is English or so.
2. There are some colleagues whose English language may not be too clear. However, you still communicate with them without stress.
3. Those you can only attend to their medical care through the aid of a third party for interpretation.
4. Those that you have to communicate with through gesticulation and probably writing and diagrams.
5. Those who will not stop calling you Charlie. My dear Colleagues from Ghana with their beautiful accent.
6. Superstitious beliefs: this is usually a big challenge while caring for some colleagues as a doctor. You make a diagnosis, plan your management, and boom they tell you that isn’t the way they do it considering their belief.
7. Those who come to see the doctor to request drugs rather than see the doctor, complain and allow the doctor to do their job.
8. Those who will come and tell you that excess oily food has given them malaria or those who will come with their diagnosis of malaria and typhoid.