How to Lose Weight Fast: 17 Steps to Follow
You may have heard of the “yo-yo diet” or yo-yo dieting where you lose a lot of weight in a short period of time, but then put all that weight back on after a month or two. This can be frustrating, but the good news is that you can lose weight fast, and keep it off in a healthy way. There are plenty of ways to lose weight fast and keep it off, and this article is going to tell you about some of the most popular ones to help you find the one that works best for you.
What Is Weight Loss
Weight loss is the process of reducing the total body weight. It can be caused by a decrease in the body mass due to either voluntary (diet, exercise) or involuntary/ health conditions (illness, hormonal changes) means.
17 Steps to Follow On How To Lose Weight Fast
1. Start by cutting back on your calories /carbohydrates. If you’re eating more than you’re burning, you’re going to gain weight, even if you’re working out. Try cutting back by 500 calories per day to see a loss of about 1 pound per week.
2. Cut out processed foods. These foods are high in sugar, unhealthy fats, and sodium, all of which can cause weight gain. Instead, focus on eating whole, unprocessed foods.
3. Increase your protein intake. Protein helps you feel full and satisfied after eating, which can help you eat fewer calories and lose weight. Try to include a protein source at every meal and snack.
4. Drink plenty of water. Dehydration can often be mistaken for hunger, so drink a glass of water before you eat to see if you’re really hungry.
5. Get moving. Exercise is an important part of any weight loss program. Try to get in at least 30 minutes of exercise per day.
6. Lift weights. Strength training can help you burn more calories and tone your body. Incorporating weight lifting into your exercise plan will also improve effectiveness of your weight lose process
7. Avoid fad diets. These diets often promise quick weight loss, but they’re often unsustainable and unhealthy.
8. Avoid drinking your calories. Liquid calories, such as sodas, juices, and sports drinks, don’t fill you up as much as solid foods do, so you’re likely to eat more overall
9. Find a weight-loss buddy. A support system can help you stay on track with your diet and exercise goals
10. Be patient. Weight loss doesn’t happen overnight, so don’t get discouraged if you don’t see results right away.
11. Control your portion size:
One simple way to reduce your calorie intake and lose weight is to control the portion size of the food you eat. Instead of eating large portions, try to eat smaller portions of food throughout the day. This will help you to reduce your overall calorie intake and lose weight over time.
12. Avoid late night food:
Eating late at night will make you gain weight. The reason for this is that your metabolism slows down when you sleep and your body is not able to burn off the calories as efficiently.
Another reason to avoid eating late at night is that you are more likely to indulge in high-calorie foods. When you are tired, you are not as likely to make healthy choices.
13. Get enough sleep:
Your body and your weight are both affected by the amount of sleep you get. When you don’t get enough sleep, your body produces more of the stress hormone cortisol. Cortisol increases the amount of fat your body stores, especially around your midsection. Aim for at least 7 hours of sleep each night to help keep your stress levels and your waistline in check.
It’s important to get enough sleep when trying to lose weight. Most people need around eight hours of sleep per night. Skipping sleep can lead to cravings and make it harder to stick to a healthy diet.
14. Reduce stress levels:
Chronic stress can have a significant impact on your weight-loss goals. It can increase levels of the stress hormone cortisol, which can make you more likely to store fat and less likely to lose it. Find ways to manage your stress, such as practicing yoga or meditation, or talking to a friend or therapist.
15. Make healthy lifestyle changes:
If you want to lose weight fast, you need to make healthy lifestyle changes. This means eating a healthy diet and getting regular exercise. It also means avoiding bad habits that can sabotage your weight loss efforts.
16. Eating Plenty Fiber:
One way to help lose weight is to make sure you’re eating enough fiber. Fiber helps to regulate digestion and can make you feel fuller for longer, helping you to eat fewer calories. Good sources of fiber include fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
17. Tracking your diet and exercise progress:
If you’re trying to lose weight, tracking your diet and exercise progress is a must. By keeping a food journal and tracking your workouts, you can see exactly how much progress you’re making and stay on track to reach your goals.
How To Lose Weight Fast: Don’t Do These 5 Things
If you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t want to do these five things.
1) Don’t skip meals
Skipping meals may seem like a good way to cut calories and lose weight, but it can actually backfire. When you skip a meal, your body goes into starvation mode and holds on to fat instead of burning it. Although, some people advocate for intermittent fasting
2) Don’t eat processed foods
Processed foods are loaded with unhealthy additives, chemicals, and preservatives that can make it difficult to lose weight. They’re also low in nutrition, so they won’t help you meet your goals. You may also need to see a registered dietitian to explain healthy diet to you.
3) Don’t drink sugary drinks
Sugary drinks like soda and juice are packed with empty calories that can sabotage your weight loss efforts. Instead, drink water or unsweetened tea, unsweetened Greek yogurt
4) Don’t eat late at night
Eating late at night can sabotage your weight loss efforts. When you eat late, your body doesn’t have a chance to burn off the calories, so they’re more likely to be stored as fat.
5) Don’t overdo it on the workouts / physical activity
Working out too hard can actually prevent you from losing weight. When you overdo it, your body starts to burn muscle instead of fat, and that can slow your metabolism.
There are many ways that you can lose weight fast. However, some of these methods are more effective than others. If you want to lose weight quickly, you should try a combination of diet, exercise, and healthy lifestyle habits. Also, endeavour to consult your doctor if you have health conditions that require you seeing a doctor before starting your weight lose journey.
Image: By health4u