CAUSES OF LOW BACK ACHE.
Low back ache is a common ailment in today’s civilized society. It primarily affects middle-aged and young adults of both genders. People who sit for long periods of time without getting any exercise or who carry heavy loads on a regular basis are at risk of developing this condition.
We have yet to meet someone who has not experienced back pain at some point in their lives. Low back pain can be caused by anything from muscle strain to spinal cancer, so it’s important to pay attention to it. The pain is felt in the lumbar and sacral regions, and it may spread to other parts of the body.
Causes of Low back ache
- Back disorders
- Gynecological issues
- Result of issues in other areas of the body
Low Back pains from Back disorders
1. The following are back ache resulting from injuries
- Vertebral column compression or fracture.
- Intervertebral disc rupture.
- Injuries to the back’s ligaments and muscles.
- Strain in the lumbosacral region.
- Injuries to the intervertebral joints.
- Vertebral processes fracture.
2. Functional backache as a result of asymmetry:
- While you’re pregnant.
- The Pot Belly
- Hip joint diseases.
- Spine curvature due to a congenital abnormality.
- One side has a short leg.
3. Inflammatory disorders that cause low back backache
- Bacterial infection of the bone.
- Tuberculosis of the spine is a type of tuberculosis that affects the spine.
- Arthritis is a disease that affects the joints.
- Fibrositis or lumbago.
- Muscle inflammation is a condition in which the muscles become inflamed.
- Ankylosing spondylitis is a type of arthritis that affects the spine.
4. Low Back ache caused by degenerative back disorders.
- Osteoporosis in senior citizens.
- The intervertebral disc degenerates.
4. Spinal tumors
- A primary tumor of the spine’s bones.
- Metastatic tumors from other organs, such as the prostate, lungs, kidneys, and intestine.
Low back ache as a result of gynecological issues
- Following childbirth.
- Following gynaecological procedures.
- The uterus prolapses.
- Inflammatory disorders of the pelvis.
- Lesions of the pelvic organs that are cancerous.
- Endometriosis is a type of endometriosis that affects women.
Back Pain as a result of issues in other areas of the body
The following are some other causes of of low back pain
- Renal stones
- Ureteric stone
- Prostate cancer.
- Pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas).
- Stones in the bile duct.
- A peptic ulcer is a type of stomach ulcer.
- Pelvic organ inflammation.
- Aortic and iliac artery occlusion
An investigation into a low back ache case
There are several investigations that could be carried out for low back pains. The following are lists of some of them.
- Get a full blood count.
- Urinalysis on a regular basis.
- Abdominal and pelvic ultrasonography.
- A lumbar and sacral X-ray is taken.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans of the spine.
- A CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis.
- Rectum, prostate, and genito-urinary organs examination
Treatment of Low back pain
Back pain treatment consists of the following steps
- Eliminating the source of the backache
- Medical treatment (Symptomatic) treatment (medical care).
- Do some back exercises
- Do some yoga.
- Surgical procedures.
Back pain is common in our society today. There are several known and unknown cause. There are also several treatment options.