Natural Remedies for CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)
Natural remedies for CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome). Some people find relief from supplements and natural treatments such as massage, yoga, and meditation.
It is normal to feel tired after strenuous physical activity. Usually, after a short period of rest, you should feel well recovered.
If you are feeling exhausted regularly, you may want to visit your doctor. You may be exhibiting signs of chronic fatigue syndrome, or CFS.
It is still unclear what causes chronic fatigue syndrome. Some theories suggest that it is due to a viral infection.
The symptoms associated with CFS are like some viral infections.
- For example, headache
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches
- Joint pain is a common symptom.
- Other symptoms include
- Brain fog
- Impaired concentration/memory
- Irritable bowel issues
- feeling sleep deprived despite adequate sleep
So far, no medication has yet been developed that can “cure” CFS. The best way to overcome chronic fatigue syndrome is to practice.
- strengthen your immune system.
- by taking vitamins.
- exercising and
- Taking breaks as needed
There are helpful tips and home remedies that may help you boost your energy and feel more invigorated.
Choose natural dietary sources.
Eat raw fruits and vegetables. The vitamins and minerals found in these foods are excellent immune boosters.
- Drink at least eight glasses of pure water a day to help flush out toxins.
- Supplement with Acidophilus or consume raw yoghurt to keep your digestive system functioning.
Get regular exercise
20-30 minutes of moderate exercise each day will do. It is vital to keep your joints and muscles supple. Keep your body strong to help protect against chronic fatigue syndrome. If you don’t have the time for this, you may have to settle for a 15-20 minute workout 3 times a week.
Many people think they need to get adequate exercise. This is not the case. There are many ways you can add exercise to your day.
- How about incorporating a brisk walk into your day?
- Taking the stairs whenever possible?
- Jogging with the dog or mowing your lawn with more enthusiasm?
- Try doing lunges while you are brushing your teeth.
- Doing triceps dips and abdominal crunches during commercials when watching TV.
- Get creative. Turn the music up and dance your way through your house cleaning routine!
Try Natural Supplements
Herbal medicines which contain immune system boosting qualities include
- Ginseng root.
These supplements help support your immune system and protect you from CFS.
Herbal therapy is safe, natural, and effective if used well. Some herbs, such as Echinacea, are not recommended for more than 6 to 8 weeks at a time. So be sure to check with your health practitioner.
Note the following:
- Devil’s Claw is also used by many individuals who suffer from joint pain as well.
Taking extra Vitamin C and zinc can help boost your immune system. Omega 3, 6, and 9 oils are great for your brain and cognitive function. They also lubricate your joints from the inside out. These supplements are even more useful if you are experiencing muscle pain and soreness.