10 COMMON SYMPTOMS OF DEPRESSION
Symptoms of depression are many. It is a serious illness with negative impact on daily life and can destroy families. It is a mental illness that causes loss of appetite, insomnia, mood swings, and a deep sense of despair by controlling the mind and its functions.
Depression and triggers
- Depression manifests itself in a variety of ways, and the severity of the symptoms varies over time. There are several associated triggers.
- Experts say depression can be inherited
- Brought on by life-threatening illnesses
- Other factors include medications
- Drugs and alcohol
- Some mental illnesses
- Hormonal swings
- Menstrual cycle changes
- Pregnancy, miscarriage, pre-menopause
- 8, 9 & 10 are all thought to contribute to women’s depression being higher
Common Symptoms s Of Depression
- A persistent sense of sadness, anxiety, or emptiness.
- A sense of hopelessness that is accompanied by pessimism.
- Feelings of helplessness, extreme guilt, and a lack of self-worth.
- Loss of energy, slowed metabolism, and decreased activity levels. Constant fatigue is a problem for me.
- Inability to focus and indecisiveness.
- Unprecedented weight loss or gain. Loss of appetite or eating binges can set it of
- Suicidal thoughts and ideation
- Irritability, short temper, as well as restlessness.
- Physical afflictions like headaches, digestive disorders, and chronic pain for no particular reason.
Symptoms Of Depression And Why You Should See Your Doctor
If you experience any of the above symptoms of depression along with a marked change in behavior do consult your doctor.
- Your doctor will examine you thoroughly to rule out physical causes of depression as well as any underlying medical issues.
- Then, if necessary, he will refer you to a psychiatrist or psychologist.
- Do, however, heed the doctor’s recommendations. Antidepressant medications, psychotherapy, and lifestyle changes are all options for treatment.
- Electroconvulsive therapy or light therapy may be administered in extreme situations.
- Do not hesitate to contact your local health department, a community mental health center.
Symptoms Of Depression And How You Can Take Charge
- Clear your mind of all negativity.
- Delete words like exhaustion, worthlessness, and hopelessness from your vocabulary.
- Set a few goals for yourself to help you change your life.
- Relax, meditate, and listen to music. Begin new activities that will occupy both your time and your interests.
- Meet new people and get involved in group activities.
- Negative people should be avoided.
- Decide whether you want to go to a movie, a baseball game, a family outing, a picnic, or a hike.
- Be cheerful, self-assured, and believe in yourself.
- Faith is a powerful healer in and of itself. Decide to make a positive difference in the world.
Depression is a medical condition that manifests in many ways. It can be managed in many ways