Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a complicated disorder characterized by extreme fatigue that lasts for at least six months and that can’t be fully explained by an underlying medical condition. Also, the fatigue worsens with physical or mental activity but doesn’t improve with rest.
Symptoms of chronic fatigue can be debilitating. Fatigue is the most severe and noticeable symptom. The weariness is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, has a significant impact on one’s life, and is exacerbated by both physical and mental activity.
Other symptoms of chronic fatigue include:
- Short-Term Memory Loss Or Reduction
- Difficulty Concentrating
- Sore Throat
- Tender Lymph Nodes
- General Muscle Pain
- Multi-Joint Pain
- Insomnia Or Poor Sleep
Causes Of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
Firstly, little is known about the causes of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. However, some researchers believe it is a virus and, Immune system problem and others say Hormonal imbalances.
- Women are more likely than males to get CFS. • It is more common in people in their 40s and 50s. (Though this could simply be because they go to the doctor for it, whereas men may be unwilling to see a physician because they are fatigued.)
- CFS can affect men, women, adults, children, and any one of any colour, socioeconomic status, or geographic location. Genetic and hereditary factors have yet to be discovered.
Possible complications of chronic fatigue syndrome include:
- Lifestyle restrictions
- Increased work absences
- Social isolation
Treatment for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
It’s critical to see a doctor if you’ve been experiencing the above symptoms and extreme lethargy for several weeks, especially after any exercise. Physicians will use a multi-pronged approach to address the symptoms as well as assist patients in making lifestyle changes.
Because Chronic Fatigue has no known cure, treatment options will vary.
Common treatments include:
1. Counselling to develop coping skills
2. Treating symptoms like headache, sore throat and muscle pains
3. Cognitive behaviour therapy to help develop habits to manage symptoms including exercise and diet
4. Other treatments include: Hands-on therapies like massage and even yoga have helped some people find respite.
CSF is a life-altering condition for those who suffer from it. However, there are proven methods for improving your life and functioning at a better level. Support groups, medical professionals, and lifestyle modifications can all help you live a better life. If you think you could be suffering from chronic fatigue, see your doctor and receive a diagnosis so you can get your life back on track.